I had a lot going on this week between the day job and the real job. I still managed to write a total of 6000+ words between Monday and Thursday, including a book review. Here’s the rundown of the week…
- My review of Steampunk II: Steampunk Reloaded has been posted over at Tangent.
- I finished reading The Horns of Ruin by Tim Akers.
- I then wrote the review and submitted it to my editor at Bull Spec.
- Started reading The Strange Affair of Spring-Heeled Jack for yet another review for Bull Spec.
- Write 5500+ words into my novel
- Submitted “Last Man Standing” to another publisher.
- Kicked “Harvest Moon” into the rewrite folder. I think it needs to be written to be entirely different than it is now. After 9 rejections, I’m letting it rest for a bit while I consider what to do with it next.
I did notice that the folks at Tachyon quoted my review on the page for Steampunk II. That made me a lot happy.
As you can tell by the meter over there, the novel is closing in on 40k words. I had hoped to cover that distance this morning, but a short day made shorter by leaving early to go see Harry Potter has rendered that unlikely. I may try later, though. I would love to go over 40k at the end of week four.
I still have no other ideas for my environmental disaster story. I still have a little time, but not much.
Until next time…